Wednesday 22 July 2015

FASHION ON A BOOT SALE BUDGET


Not sure about you but I hate paying full price for anything especially clothes! There isn’t much I will get out of bed for before 7 in the morning other than a good old boot sale and possibly the promise of a fry up! Boot sales and vintage fairs are some of my favourite places to go where you can pick up the most amazing clothes; some new, some old and some really old! 

Not being 17 but 47 the latest fashion must have isn’t so much a must have for me these days, so these open air bargain paradises are fantastic for my ever growing second hand wardrobe where you can find an outfit for every occasion from the comfy casual to the wonderful wedding outfit.

My favourite pieces from this years finds so far are my Next leather tan skirt £2 from my local boot sale which I team with a beautiful sheer cream Ben Sherman vintage blouse £4 from the vintage fair or my flaming red silk blouse from east which I paid a quid for! YES I kid you not £1!

Next on my hotlist of bargains is the emerald green pleated silk dress from Oasis for the amazing price of £3.00, which I have earmarked for my friends wedding teamed with black high sling backs. 



However, this years most amazing find has to be the 1940s American silk tea dress in a beautiful peach colour with pleated skirt and lace inlayed in the arms and back for the astronomical price of £15 which had me feeling like a million dollars when I wore it to the races recently!



The moral of this blog is if you ever need motivation to get up at silly o’clock in the morning then the thought of looking amazing for less than a fiver should do it (followed by that fry up I mentioned).



No comments:

Post a Comment